I want to visualize/mashup many of your Web Map Services in ArcGIS Online, or even ArcMap. But, I'm not having much luck with ArcGIS. Is there some guidance you can provide to help me here. I'm sure I'm not alone with this request and as ArcGIS Online is becoming more proliferate other will want to leverage your great services themselves in their own mashups.
- Go to “File -> Add Data -> Add Data”.
- Select “Add WMS Server” and click on “Add” button.
- Enter http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/geoserver/ows in the “URL’ field.
- Leave the Version field as “Default version” and click on the “OK” button.
- In the next dialog box, make sure the server “GeoServer Web Map Service on sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu” is selected and then click on the “Add” button.
- In the next dialog box, select “GeoServer Web Map Service” and click on the “Add” button. The service should show up in the “Layers” panel in the left.
- Select the “GeoServer Web Map Service” on the Layers panel and expand it by clicking on the “+” sign.
- There will be another ““GeoServer Web Map Service” there. Select and expand it. All the layers will be listed now.
- Select any particular layer and right click on it to “Zoom To Layer”.- Layer should display in the map area panel on the right.